At long last, work is progressing apace on the 4 houses. A lot of work has been going on behind the boarded-up and scaffolded facade shown in the picture…
- Old lath and black-lime plastered ceilings have been removed ready for new ceilings.
- Internal flooring has been made good
- Damp-proofing and timber treatment carried out
- First fixes of plumbing and electrical work undertaken
- The roof has been repaired and ridge-tiles reset
- New pointing has been done to the rear of the houses and the stonework repaired.
- Volunteers have been stripping off old wood-chip wallpaper ready for the plasterer to skim over the walls.
- Loft and under-floor insulation has been put in place.
- Kitchen plans have been drawn up and the units ordered.
- New double-glazed windows and doors are being installed at the beginning of April and will transform the look of the whole terrace….
Hopefully, in another few weeks we will have a house ready to view!